Monday, October 27, 2008

2am-ish

I find myself awake at this time often. Usually, I would rather be sleeping.
I started my day off with my 26th Bikram Yoga class in a row. For the last 26 days I have practiced everyday. For those of you who don't know, it is not what most people think of when they think of yoga. The temperature in the room varies from 100 to 115 degrees on average and humidity up to 90 %. The class is an hour and a half long and very dificult. The first time I thought I would die. It was the most intense physical experience I ever had. The endorphin rush and "Yoga magic" that occurs is amazing. I have been hooked on it ever since.
After that it was off the rehearse with The Pickup Gangsters for the Alchemist gig on Thursday. It went well and I'm very lucky to have such talented musicians playing with me. W e played for about 2 hours. I then headed home to change my rusty strings. I'm surprised they made it that long. These strings survived 3 long rehearsals and 2 gigs. I usually change them before every show but sometimes I push the limit. String cost adds up after a while. You dig?
Finally after stopping at my Moms in Dot it was off to WAAF to play an acoustic set on Carmelita's Bay State Rock Show. Truly an honor. I remember when I was a kid listening to WAAF and trying to time it just right, so I could hit record on my tapedeck and get "18 and Life" by Skid Row on tape. Yes, I am not afraid to admit that. I still stand by my claim that that is a good song. "I Will Remember You" is as well. You dig?
The set went well enough. On "OFD" my voice cracked and it was a slight train wreck. I blame the yoga and the rehearsal. DAMN YOU!!! That will never see the light of day if I can do anything about it ;) The other 3 songs went well though. I played "Poor Boy", "3 Stories From a Triple Decker" and "My Disease". "My Disease" is a new song. I'll prolly post the 3 on the Intranet for your listening pleasure. Carmelita and her staff were all very nice and it was a good experience. Now I am home and slighly wired and its after 2am now. . . I think. . .

End of Blog.

No comments: