Saturday, February 7, 2009

Amish Train

Back in Oswego again.
I survived a 10 and a half hour train ride.
I was reminded of the Nazis sending people to death camps on trains cramped in like sardines, starving, thisty, dirty, afraid for days.
I found my ride relaxing compared to those conditions.
I found myself lucky to be born into a better situation.
whose to say what the future holds though. .

There was a 2 hour layover in Albany.
Albany.
Met a fellow traveler. He was living in Oregon, plays in a band and was heading to Chicago. We walked around downtown, split a pizza and headed back to the depot.
The connecting train from NYC was late. Traffic. Big surprise.

Got into Syracuse around 11. Evidently I missed a bunch of Amish people. I was hoping Shannon would keep them occupied so I could see them, but they were gone by the time I got to the station.

I've never seen an Amish person.

No comments: